Compass Lettings and Property Management Our Fees and Charges
Tenant Costs & Application Process
1. All properties are available subject to contract and satisfactory referencing.
2. Availability dates are subject to satisfactory references being returned and to the satisfaction of the landlord.
3. When you have found a property that you would like to rent, we ask that you pay your holding deposit, capped at a maximum of one week's rent.
(Eg. If monthly rent is £600pcm, the holding deposit will be £138)*
4. Once your references and credit checks have been completed, the security deposit will become due. The refundable tenancy deposit is capped at no more than the equivalent of five weeks' rent Eg. If monthly rent is £600pcm, the holding deposit will be £692)
5. The first months rent must be paid before keys are signed over to you.
6. To ensure that all rental payments are received by Compass on the due date, a standing order must be setup three days before the rent is due.
N.B No Vat is applicable
* The holding deposit will be refunded within 7 calendar days of the tenancy not being entered into (unless it's agreed to be used towards rent or the security deposit or 15 calendar days from receipt of the deposit deadline being reached.) The holding deposit will not be refunded if the tenant provides false or misleading information which leads to the landlord deciding not to proceed with the application, or if the tenant notifies the letting agent before the deadline for agreement that the tenant has decided not to enter into a tenancy agreement.)